Double your Donation to Lake Christian Ministries, Inc.
with Local Matching Support!
Local Generous SML Donor Will Match Donations up to $10,000 with a $1 for $1 Match
Following the RVG Giving Event!
This year LCM is celebrating 25 years of support for our neighbors in need in the Smith Mountain Lake area of Bedford, Franklin and Pittsylvania counties. Programs and services are provided free of charge by 175 spirited and dedicated volunteers (no paid staff).
This year your donation can empower LCM to provide:
· Over 117,000 nutritious meals to 2,400 individuals in need through its food center in Moneta and mobile pantries that travel to Penhook United Methodist Church and Moneta Senior Center;
· 850 food baskets to LCM families for Easter, Thanksgiving and Christmas serving over 2400 individuals;
· 34,000 items of donated clothing, household items and appliances to neighbors in need;
· Back-to-school supplies to 325 children in grades K-12
·Clothing and holiday gifts to 450 children through “A Child’s Christmas”;
· Emergency financial assistance by direct payment to providers for housing; fuel; utilities; medical service; and other special needs;
· Coaching through the “New Tomorrow’s Program” to aid over 80 neighbors to build better lives for themselves and their families;
· Employment (full or part-time) for individuals in need of jobs through our Business Partner Program;
· “Getting Ahead in a Just Getting by World” Program support for 45 individuals to empower them to improve their lives with classes and mentoring designed to build financial independence and self-sufficiency.
New Tomorrows Program Neighbors and Coaches Continue to
Experience Success Stories!
“Jane’s” story: After several months of preparation with her New Tomorrows coach, Jane was hired into an entry level job at a local grocery store. Obviously, Jane succeeded in her job. Recently, she announced at LCM that we "may not be seeing her at LCM very often." She had been promoted to an assistant manager position and will be moving to another store location!
“Kay’s” story: Working with her New Tomorrows coach, over many months Kay cleared up some legal problems, worked on her GED, found a school that provided extra help for her child, and, ultimately, landed a job as an office assistant in a local manufacturing company (an LCM Business Partner). Now still working at the company, Kay and her son are doing well and she has moved into a house close to her work and her son's school!
Cindy Dudley's story: Cindy became enrolled in the New Tomorrow’s Program when she applied for some financial assistance. She found a New Tomorrow’s coach in the process. Barbara Brush assisted and counseled Cindy and over time Cindy started her own cleaning business. Cindy is now a member of LCM’s Board and has assisted other neighbors in New Tomorrows – and is considering studying counseling at community college.
It doesn’t get much better than this!