DONATE

Browse causes by category
 

Participating Organizations

Give to your favorite Roanoke Valley nonprofit!

 

Register

Register your Nonprofit.  
 

Nonprofit Toolkit

Resources for Nonprofits

Together we Raised

$767,032


 

logo

Lake Christian Ministries, Inc.

 
$40,900.00 contributions
151 donors

Double your Donation to Lake Christian Ministries, Inc.
with Local Matching Support!

 
Local Generous SML Donor Will Match Donations up to $10,000 with a $1 for $1 Match

Lake Christian Ministries provides support for our Neighbors in need in the Smith Mountain Lake area of Bedford, Franklin and Pittsylvania counties. Programs and services are provided free of charge by 175 spirited and dedicated volunteers. 


Your donation will help LCM work toward achieving a vision of a poverty free Smith Mountain Lake community by providing:   

Over 113,000 nutritious meals to 2,200 individuals in need through its food center in Moneta and mobile pantries that travel to Penhook United Methodist Church and Moneta Senior Center; 

385 food baskets to LCM families for Easter, Thanksgiving and Christmas serving over 2,300 individuals; 

Back-to-school supplies to 300 children in grades K-12.

Clothing and holiday gifts to 400 children through “A Child’s Christmas”;

Emergency financial assistance for 300 families by direct payment to providers for housing; fuel; utilities; medical service; and other special needs;

“Getting Ahead in a Just Getting by World” Program support for 35 Neighbors to empower them to improve their lives with classes and mentoring designed to build financial independence and self-sufficiency;    

Employment for individuals in need of jobs through our New Tomorrows and Business Partner Programs. 53% of the previous Getting Ahead graduates are now employed in part-time or full-time jobs and the remaining 47% are working toward a secure future with college classes, family counseling and medical support.





-----------------------------------------------------------------

   New Tomorrows Program Neighbors and Coaches Continue to

Experience Success Stories!


“Jane’s” story:  After several months of preparation with her New Tomorrows coach, Jane was hired into an entry level job at a local grocery store.  Obviously, Jane succeeded in her job.  Recently, she announced at LCM that we "may not be seeing her at LCM very often." She had been promoted to an assistant manager position and will be moving to another store location! 

“Kay’s” story:  Working with her New Tomorrows coach, over many months Kay cleared up some legal problems, worked on her GED, found a school that provided extra help for her child, and, ultimately, landed a job as an office assistant in a local manufacturing company (an LCM Business Partner).  Now still working at the company, Kay and her son are doing well and she has moved into a house close to her work and her son's school!

"Cindy's" story:  Cindy became enrolled in the New Tomorrow’s Program when she applied for some financial assistance.  She found a New Tomorrow’s coach in the process.  Barbara Brush assisted and counseled Cindy and over time Cindy started her own cleaning business.  Cindy is now a member of LCM’s Board and has assisted other neighbors in New Tomorrows – and is considering studying counseling at community college.

 
It doesn’t get much better than this!

See more at our website  www.LakeChristianMinisteries.org or visit our Facebook page



Mark K donated $50.00
Joseph M donated $50.00
Jane Ellen J donated $100.00
Andrea S donated $50.00
by Anonymous donated $25.00
Leslie S donated $50.00

← newer 1-6 of 151 older →

Updates and Donors' Comments

avatar

Honoring my dad, who gave so much

avatar

Lake Christian Ministries is such a wonderful resource for people in need. I want to help them move out of poverty!

avatar

That all living in this beautiful place may feel cared for and loved.

avatar

Good work!