The Agape Center is a God-directed outreach ministry with the goal of attending to the felt needs of women, men and children while also addressing their Spiritual needs in a manner that gives God the glory. We hope to reflect God's agape love to all of our clients in Franklin and Bedford counties who are in need.
We are prayerfully and financially supported by wonderful people like you and the members of our 17 partner congregations; Bedrock Community Church, Bedrock Church Franklin County, Covenant Fellowship, Dwelling Place, EastLake Community Church, Flint Hill Baptist Church, Franklin Heights Baptist/CrossPointe, Goodview Baptist Church, Halesford Baptist Church, Inner-Faith Fellowship Ministries, Morgans Baptist Church, Palestine Baptist Church, Radford Baptist Church, Rocky Mount Baptist Church, Staunton Baptist Church, Vitalize Church and Westlake Baptist Church.
We also have 300 of the happiest and most dedicated volunteers in the world! Everyone associated with The Agape Center - from our volunteers to our Board of Directors to our Executive Director - volunteers their time and talents for the Glory of God's Kingdom and His people.
The Agape Center provides:
· Christ-Centered mentoring with every client. In January, we served 844 families representing 2,917 people
· Food from partners such as Feeding America Southwest Virginia, Wal-Mart Dale Avenue and Challenger Avenue), Kroger (Westlake), Heiner's Bakery and God's Pit Crew. During the local growing season, we also benefit from the generosity of local farmers. Around the holidays, we provide special food such as turkey with all the trimmings
· Linens - Kitchen - Household items
· Furniture and Appliances
· Emergency financial assistance
· School supplies
· Every Christmas, toys for the children
· During their birthday month, every client receives a special birthday basket of treats
We also provide specialized training for qualified applicants to overcome generational, situational or systemic poverty through our highly successful "Getting Ahead" program.
We could always use more volunteers - like you!
Through this campaign, help us to buy a forklift for storage of dry goods.
See our web site at: https://www.agapecentersml.org