Three words that describe the essence of why we exist...
Help is Here.
As the largest animal welfare group in the Roanoke Valley, Angels of Assisi is seeking to change the traditional definition of an animal shelter by not only rescuing animals but providing an array of affordable services that enable pet owners to keep their pets healthy and safe.
We offer a range of programs and services to our community by providing:
- shelter and medical care for homeless pets until they can find their forever home.
- care and rehabilitation to animals from cruelty and neglect cases through the Biscuit Fund.
- shelter and care for pets of domestic violence victims, hospice patients, and the homeless with the Guardian Angels program.
- support to rural shelters with scarce resources, saving the lives of animals facing euthanasia.
- high-quality affordable veterinary care to keep pets happy and healthy.
- veterinary care and spay/neuter to some of the poorest communities in the United States.
- love, comfort, and care to animals caught in natural disasters.
When you give to Angels of Assisi you are providing for people and pets in their times of greatest need. With your support, we're able to continue to be a resource for the community and ensure that Help is Here.
Angels of Assisi seeks to change the traditional definition of an animal shelter by offering services and programs to benefit the community, the people that live there, and the pets they love. The organization operates a private animal shelter in the Roanoke Valley, as well as a low-cost Community Pet Clinic and farm animal sanctuary. Through the Community Pet Clinic and Adoption Center, Angels of Assisi is able to provide resources to pet owners to keep their pets happy and healthy. The adoption center puts emphasis on these services to help people from turning over their pets into shelters. Angels of Assisi strives to be a resource to the community and also offers services to area and rural shelters to help end the euthanasia of healthy, adoptable pets.