The Food Lion Feeds
Community Solutions Center
The Community Solutions Center is home to a culinary job training program and prepares meals for mobile delivery through food bank partner children's programs. It opened in May 2018.
“Now I feel like I have a second chance in life to be able to help myself, and help the community at the same time.”
-Rosalind Maldonado, Culinary Arts Program Graduate
In just the first year of operation, the Community Solutions Center has:
- prepared more than 45,000 fresh, healthy meals
- certified 9 students with ServSafe manager designation, training them for mid-manager level positions in the food industry
- seen an 80% reduction of violent crime in the surrounding area
- hosted 950 individual volunteers
- distributed 20,000 pounds of fresh produce
Your gift today sustains transformation. Not only of the physical building, but also in the lives of the culinary program students and the work they are doing to feed nourishing meals to kids across Roanoke.