The Junior League of Roanoke Valley is an organization of women committed to promoting voluntarism, developing the potential of women and improving communities through the effective action and leadership of trained volunteers.
Since its founding in 1926, the League has been committed to improving the lives of children. Currently celebrating its 90th anniversary year, the League remains committed to its current focus of “Strengthening Families and Encouraging Women,” providing grants to local organizations improving the lives of children and their families, plus scholarships to deserving high school students.
The Stocked Market is the JLRV’s Annual Shopping Extravaganza. Held at the Berglund Center each November, this holiday market boasts more than a hundred vendors from across the country. This fundraiser has raised over $3.4 million over the past 27 years. All funds raised stay within the Roanoke Valley and are used to further the JLRV’s mission.
By the Numbers:
• 450+ Members
• 32 – Average age of Active Members
• 43% – Active Members attended Graduate School
• 77% – Active Members working full time
• $95,036 – Grants dispersed in 2015-16
• 3,000 – Copies of The STAR magazine printed 3x a year
• $3.4 Million+ Raised since The Stocked Market started in 1988
Thank you for supporting the Junior League of Roanoke Valley!